In Ocala, Florida On Top of the World Communities is an award winning family owned building and land development company that has been making new home dreams come true for over 65 years for over 50,000 home buyers. The management team has a combined experience of 100 years and today On Top of the World remains the oldest, privately-owned, debt-free land developer in the State of Florida. As the active adult experts, we continue to provide well-built, intimate, quiet, amenity rich communities for lots of enjoyment.
REAL ESTATE SALES: FULL TIME
New Home Sales & Resale’s: Associates must be knowledgeable in the documents process needed for sales and closings. Business Communication skills, both written and verbal, are expected. Five years of sales experience and a current Florida Real Estate License is preferred. Sales Associate must be in compliance with the continuing education mandates as required by FREC.
HOME WARRANTY TECHNICIAN FULL TIME
To perform this job successfully, employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The employee will administer and resolve warranty issues on new houses in a timely fashion. Prompt follow up and communication with the homeowners is essential. Will perform such tasks that are necessary for the management of the On Top of the World Owners’ Association including, but not limited to, the enforcement of Association rules. Conduct inspections of existing homes at the time of resale to ensure compliance of Association homes for the estoppel process. Must have a strong understanding and experience in home maintenance including air conditioning, minor electrical and plumbing. The successful applicant will be a “people person” with patience and have an easygoing personality. Must have a professional appearance. This is a visible position within the organization requiring the utmost awareness of how actions and communication are perceived. Must have at least 5 years of customer service. Bilingual a plus but not required.
RESIDENTIAL HANDYMAN FULL TIME
This position will work with our maintenance team to ensure that company quality work practices and standards are upheld in the residential buildings and grounds areas. The residential handyman will inspect different equipment and perform basic repairs or preventative maintenance when required. The residential handyman will have daily contact with residents, so good customer service skills, professional appearance and conduct is extremely important.
FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TECH/ HVAC FULL TIME
Minimum 2 years’ experience as HVAC Technician: Maintain, Diagnose, Repair HVAC Equipment Residential and Commercial. Able to work in Team Oriented Environment. Passed experience in Building and Facilities Maintenance required. Perform Event Set Ups and after hour functions.
Maintain Pools, Tiles, Decks, Buildings, Furniture, Etc. Proficiency in safely handling Hazardous Materials as necessary. Work different shifts when necessary. Able to perform plumbing and electrical repairs.
Provide Janitorial Services when necessary. Maintenance may include, but not limited to electrical, plumbing, ceiling, floor and wall repairs. Changing out light bulbs and or repair lighting fixtures. Pressure washing all areas. Reports any damage or unsafe conditions to the Supervisor or Assistant Manager.
IT BACKUP ADMINISTRATOR FULL TIME
The Backup Administrator is responsible for fulfilling day to day Enterprise backup operations and backup & recovery, jobs monitoring, and troubleshooting failures. In addition, has accountability for ensuring data integrity, and providing detailed documentation of operational procedures. As an Enterprise Backup Administrator, you will provide technical support and coordination for the corporation’s Enterprise backup Systems, which will include evaluation, installation, and maintenance of all supporting technologies used to provide backup services throughout the On Top of the World Enterprise sites. The Backup Administrator will have a secondary focus of testing, inspecting, and coordinating maintenance on the corporation’s backup generators and Data Center power backup.
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR FULL TIME
Purpose and Scope: To Maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade corporate LAN/WAN. Administer all functions related to the enterprise network. Essential Functions: Implement new installations, service packs, and upgrades. Create backup procedure, hardware redundancy, and disaster recovery plans. Perform routine maintenance and develop maintenance schedules for hardware. Maintain corporate firewall, routers, switches, hubs, and workstations. Maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade network wiring and rack systems. Create and implement various network security, asset management, and training policies/procedures. Develop network computer operations and procedures documentation. Create network diagrams, feasibility studies, and implementation plans. Provide technical support, training and evaluation of all current and future production systems and procedures to improve production or workflow, or expanding systems to serve new purposes. Translating company requirements into highly specified project briefs. Identifying options for potential solutions and accessing them for both technical and business suitability. Create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems. Drawing up specific proposals for modified or replacement systems. Presenting proposals to management. Work closely with Information Technology personnel and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction. Ensuring that budgets are adhered to and deadlines are met. Create testing schedules for the complete system. Implementation of new systems and procedures. Planning and working flexibly to a deadline. Providing training to users of the system or procedures.
CONSTRUCTION/Residential FULL TIME
Superintendent: Multiple residential home construction experiences are a must directs activities of field supervision and coordinates all aspects relating to the construction of residential, light commercial and other construction projects. Directly supervises employees, contractors, and vendors involved in project. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws Responsibilities may include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance of subcontractors, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESTIMATOR FULL TIME
Primary responsibilities include correct purchasing of base homes and options through the use of New Star/ Constellation and Timberline Sage Estimating software. Requires strong computer skills and thorough understanding of the relationship between these interconnected systems. Strong attention to detail is required to ensure all paperwork it is completed with the highest level of accuracy. Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities. Issues work orders to subcontractors based on customer options selected. Prepares construction budget by studying plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation. Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements. Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors negotiating price. Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
CONSTRUCTION LIASON FULL TIME
The Construction Liaison responds to customer questions and provides guidance from home purchase, to construction and warranty service Participate in meetings with site superintendent, customer service manager, and sales management to review status of construction, cut-off dates and to troubleshoot issues pertaining to product selections. Ensure that customer’s selection occur within established timeframes. Participate in all customer conferences. Works with construction personnel to schedule start dates and inform sales management. Monitor weekly construction and updates for timely delivery. Field Requests for Information (RFI) from construction; coordinate response with customer. Conduct periodic site inspections, tracking and troubleshooting problems. Conduct pre-closing walk-through with construction field superintendent. Copy punch list work to service warranty coordinator. Conduct customer service surveys within 30 days of closing. Communicate selection and changes to sales, estimating, construction and marketing departments. Develop color rider from Design Center for drafting department. Track change orders, adding to purchase agreement as required. Communicate changes to construction department. Ensure the purchase order is complete and is consistent with contract dates.
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER FULL TIME
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible to:
- Maintain Backlog report- ensuring all information provided in the report is accurate
- Communicate effectively with contract administration for information included in report
- Accurate lot information is added with the correct customer name with the lot purchased
- Accurate contract and closing dates
- MIR and Spec changes are put on the Inventory tab in a timely manner
- Cancelled purchases are removed from the report in a timely manner
- Walk-through all Move-In Ready homes to check for completion, cleanliness and necessary repairs.
- Perform any additional duties assigned by Jason Taflinger.
- Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Competence in operation of telephone, business calculator, copy machine, facsimile, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and MS Outlook and community software.
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances. Answer and route phone calls from customers to the appropriate contact.
- Perform administrative support: business letters, spreadsheets, word processing, faxing, copying, answering phones, and handling incoming and outgoing correspondence as requested.
- Manage office coordination of maintenance, supplies and etc., acting as a point of contact for issues and coordinating solutions with maintenance and management.
- Meet deadlines while maintaining a professional, positive attitude.
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Inform management team on a continual basis of any changes, potential problems or outstanding issues of concern.
- Collaborate with team members within the department and companywide.
- Creative problem solving
- Meet deadlines and prioritize duties in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Ability to assume new responsibilities and embrace opportunities as deemed necessary.
- In addition to the responsibilities described above, the role may include such other responsibilities and duties as assigned from time to time, based upon department needs or requirements.
- Communicate effectively with contract administration for information included in report
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Technical Skills)
- Two years of college level education with a focus in management and people skills, preferred or
- High School Education or equivalent with two (2) or more year’s prior construction and/or customer service experience
- Customer service and service recovery skills
- Must show professional personal presentation, customer service orientation, discretion and appearance
- Must have attention to detail, be well organized, have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and plan to accomplish tasks.
- Work effectively independently and in a team setting and be able to efficiently to meet deadlines
- Ability to determine needs and achieve results without close supervision.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of New Home Sales process
- Must be proficient in computer skills and Office systems including Microsoft word, power point, excel, and outlook software to prepare reports, memos, and documents.
- Organized and able to complete tasks with complete and thorough follow through cross-functionally
- Proven customer service and problem solving skills.
- Problem Solver with the ability to listen, think clearly and communicate effectively and courteously in challenging and sometimes stressful situations.
- Be able to interpret sales metrics and be goal-oriented.
- Must be reliable and show initiative
- Must exhibit stress tolerance
PURCHASING ADMINISTRATOR FULL TIME
Support and guide the estimating personnel, project managers, and construction managers on purchasing procedures. Purchasing Administrator will perform activities to ensure proper administrative support for and coordination of assigned Purchasing and Community Set Up activities. You will support the contracting process by writing, tracking, and updating Subcontractor and Material Supplier agreements. Collect, compile and maintain bidder qualification information. Generate, distribute and process purchase orders. Resolve vendor inquiries regarding outstanding payments. Process Completed PO’s for payment approval in system. Generate system reports. Type letters and memos. Schedule meetings, and provide general administrative support to the department.
PRO SHOP ATTENDANT PART TIME
The Pro Shop Attendant efficiently attends to the golfer’s needs and their purchases, confirms their tee times and schedules them for their game. The Pro shop attendant is responsible for maintaining accuracy in ringing up purchases, keeping the pro shot neat and restocking the items. Answering the phones and helping the Pro with events and tournaments.
GOLF COURSE MAINTENANCE: FULL TIME
Golf Course Equipment Operators: The Operator provides the mowing, and other machine operated equipment uses for golf course playability and professional appearance. This position is responsible for the professional appearance of the On Top of the World golf courses. This position requires attention to detail and care for turf health. Must be able to lift 25 pounds; exposure to all weather conditions (Extreme Heat).
Experienced: ** Irrigation Technicians ** **Spray Technicians**
GROUNDS MAINTENANCE: FULL TIME
General Residential Lawn Maintenance: The Residential Grounds Maintenance Team Member provides general grounds maintenance for the residents of the On Top of the World Communities. This position is responsible for the professional appearance of the On Top of the World Communities. Must lift 25 pounds, use-landscaping tools for extended periods; exposure to all weather conditions (Extreme Heat).
Experienced: ** Irrigation Technicians ** Tree Trimmers **Crew Leader **Spray Technicians**
SPRAY TECHNICIANS: FULL TIME
Grounds Maintenance, Golf Course Maintenance & Sustainable Lawn Maintenance (SLM):
Oversee fertilization and pest control of shrubbery, lawns and landscaped areas.
License is not required although there are some positions that may need an active pesticide license and some may need 3-5 yrs. verifiable experience in a large-scale Residential/Golf course property.
A valid Florida Driver’s License is required.
On Top of the World Communities provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, OTOW will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
* Drug free work place *